- Tennis elbow is a condition where there is inflammation of the outer part of the elbow.
- It got this name because tennis players get this pain on elbow after playing backhand shots.
- However many people get this pain ,even house wifes and people driving 2 wheelers.
- This is a repetitive stress injury and few fibres of tendons may be torn and inflamed
- First identify and stop doing things that cause you pain
- Home remedies include ice application and anti inflammatory gels and balms
- Physical Therapy includes therapy by trained physiotherapist and exercises
- Tennis elbow splints are very useful in chronic pain and has to be worn all the time for few days
- If pain is still present visit and an orthopedic surgeon and take treatment from him/ her.
Dr. SATHISH DEVADOSS
M.B.B.S.,M.S.,(ortho)M.CH.,ortho (UK),FASIF (Aust)
Orthopaedic Surgeon | MEDICAL DIRECTOR
DEVADOSS MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL