Eye exercise helps you to strengthen your eye muscles, and to improve eye movements, focusing accommodation and to stimulate the vision centre in your brain.
It can be done at any time of the day.
Sit or stand comfortably.
- Rotate your eye balls slowly at a 9 cardinal position up, down, left, right, up & out, up & in. Repeat it 3 times.
- Near & far focusing: Place your thumb at your arms distance and bring it slowly towards the top of your nose where it gets blurred. Repeat this for 10 times.
- Focus at the inner cornea of the eye brows with both eyes slowly and look down to the tip of your nose with both eyes. Repeat this 3 times.
- Close your eyes and rotate slowly on all directions .Repeat this 3 times.
- End it with palming: Rub your palms and place it over your eyes. Repeat 3 times. Eye exercises are not recommended for people with retinal problems. People with moderate to high myopin people who see floaters or flashes in their eyes.
Eye exercises do not correct your refractive errors or improve Larry eyes (Amblyopia) It only improves your eye muscle coordination and strengthen them.
Eye exercises are to be followed after having a consultation with your eye doctor and only if recommended.
Dr. Kalpana Rama Moorthi